Cutting patterns from your favourite garments.
We all have clothes that we love and every time we wear them, we wish we’d bought three of them.
In this workshop you will learn how to make patterns from existing clothes, which you bring along. You will need to bring along a selection of at least three garments. Working with the tutor you will make a pattern for at least one of these.
You will learn:
• How to measure and trace the garment shapes.
• How to add seam and hem allowances.
• How to mark your pattern with notches, key information and grain lines.
• How to write step by step instructions to allow you to construct the garment.
What is included:
• Use of specialised measuring tools and equipment.
• Pattern paper.
• Pencils, pens and note pads.
• Tea/coffee and biscuits.
You will need to bring:
• The garments you would like to copy e.g. top, skirt or dress.
• You can bring a camera to record each step of the process.
• Your own sweet self.
You need to be confident at sewing and working with existing patterns. This is quite an intensive course as there is a lot to get through during each session, so you will get more out of the course if you have experience of working with existing patterns and making simple adjustments to them.
This course will take place at The pauline Oliver Textiles School of Sewing, 50 Balloo Avenue, Bangor.